Born in Vienna, Norbert Blecha started out as a stuntman and actor in Hollywood at age 24. For the next 10 years he worked with many international stars and formed valuable business relationships with important film production companies in Los Angeles, which he has maintained to this day.
In 1984 he returned to Europe and started to produce.
Since then his company has become one of the leading film
production companies in Austria, producing critically acclaimed films such as "Requiem for Dominic" (Golden Globe and Independent Spirit Award nomination for best foreign film), "The Unfish" (Austrian Entry for the Academy Awards), "The Venice Project" (Golden Lion nomination), Oscar winning director Bruce Beresford’s „Bride Of The Wind“ and Patrick Swayzes’s last film „Jump“, as well as the upcoming „K2 – The Italians’ Mountain“.
He also produced TV movies for Austrian and German television, but his main focus is on international productions, either as a co-production partner on or as an Austrian service provider.
His excellent connections with experienced local
crews and his well-established relationships with local authorities have been an asset for all international films he has collaborated on.
- STATE OF THE ART
- K2 - THE ITALIANS' MOUNTAIN
- RUF DER PFERDE
- HEIMKEHR MIT HINDERNISSEN
- THE GARDENER OF GOD
- JOHANNA - KÖCHIN AUS LEIDENSCHAFT
- DA WO WIR ZUHAUSE SIND
- DA WO DIE FREUNDSCHAFT ZÄHLT
- DA WO DAS GLÜCK BEGINNT
- DA WO DIE HERZEN SCHLAGEN
- DA WO DIE HEIMAT IST
- DA WO DIE LIEBE WOHNT
- THE RED PHONE - Manhunt / Checkmate
- EXTREME OPS
- BRIDE OF THE WIND
- DA WO DIE BERGE SIND
- ENE MENE MUH - Und tot bist du
- THE VENICE PROJECT
- BLACK FLAMINGOS
- THE UNFISH
- BOCKERER - PART II (Co-Production)
- EINE TÖDLICHE LIEBE
- ALLZEIT GETREU - ALLZEIT BEREIT
- DANUBE CHRONICLES
- EVVIVA L'AMORE, ..." ("HAPPY BIRTHDAY")
- FLYING THE BLUE AND WHITE" (Co-Production)
- REQUIEM FOR DOMINIC
- EYE OF THE WIDOW (Co-Production)
- COURAGE MOUNTAIN (Co-Production with Michael Douglas' Stone Group)
- CHILDREN OF THE DUST (Co-Production with Buzon Films)